It is quite amazing to think how technology has become an inseparable part of human life. Along with affecting the way people consume media, interact, do the daily chores, technological progress has also affected the ways business operations are done- worldwide! Nowadays, most companies operate online and they have presence in popular social media channels too. In fact, they way customer support is offered has also undergone makeover. Telephonic support is still there but it is not limited to landline or wired telephony alone. Virtual telephony is what most companies are embracing these days and that trend is not just limited to technology giants. Companies of all sizes and kinds are opting for cloud telephony services, globally. However, picking the right vendor and learning to use such services properly are also important.
Developing virtual telephony usage skills to extract most out of such applications
Using virtual telephony services definitely bring notable benefits to any business and that is precisely why thousands of businesses are choosing it and discarding landline telephony services. However, not all business that have switched to Virtual Phone System can use all of its features in right ways. When the cloud telephony services are used in right ways, there are many more benefits that can be obtained. From time saving to brand image development and enhanced customer retention- you cannot overlook such advantages.
Listed below are some handy tips that you can utilize to extract more from cloud telephony system used in your company.
- Using automation to save time- Time is precious and no company with growth plan can afford to waste time! Would not it be great if you can use specific types of software to automate common and repetitive tasks? This helps in streamlining workflow and employees can focus better on complex assignments. This is simple when your company has a VoIP solution in place. These applications have extensive automation features to tweak call management operations. Call forwarding and routing norms can be set, for instance. These will be handled by the software in flawless ways.
- Using all types of phones- The notable benefit of VoIP solutions is support for nearly all types of phones. So, you can use the services with the phones used by the company including landline and mobile phones. So, there is no need to buy new phone units and throw away existing ones. VoIP is so flexible that you can use it with just regular web browser and headsets.
- Treating important clients in apt ways- If your company has some major clients, it is only natural you will want to retain them and for that treating them in special ways is necessary. Using VoIP solutions, special extensions can be kept exclusively for certain callers. This will ensure whenever they call there is no need to wait in IVR loop. They can be directly connected to support agents. This will surely make such clients feel good about the brand and its service level. This is something that can be made available to the management level employers of the venture as well.
- Making alternative use for voice greetings- In most companies, IVR system in VOIP is used in telephonic support to assist the callers. This kicks in to help the callers learn about various services and find what they are looking for through digital voice assisted numeric menu system. When there are excess callers compared to available agents, a voice greeting is played to those callers. However, this system can be used in a different way to promote services and products of the company. The callers on hold may be offered small promotional voice messages about any ongoing offer or upcoming products. This may make a section of them interested and more conversion can be created eventually.
- Using many types of numbers with ease- When your brands use cloud telephony services, it becomes easy to use almost all types of numbers. The cloud telephony solution supports mobile and landline numbers- to start with. You may also use toll free numbers with such applications. It is also possible to use numbers of other countries and redirect them to your local numbers via the cloud. This lets you evade incurring steep ISD charges and the foreign callers will not have any different experience either. Retaining any existing number is also easy when there is virtual telephony installed.
- Switching to BYOD aided by VoIP services- All over the world, so many companies are using BYOD policy at workspace now. Enabling usage of devices of their employees is actually advantageous for the entities. The employees find it easier to work using their personal computers or web access devices. The company can save the money that would be required in buying hardware peripherals. Virtual telephony works with all types of hardware and PC literally. So, this works well for the companies.
- Making good use of voicemail feature- The VoIP applications have integrated voicemail feature and that kicks in when the customers call at off hours. The calls get recorded as messages which can be accessed by the employees later. Of course, this is helpful but you can use the voicemail feature in your VoIP solutions in new way. You can call the number and record important reminders for upcoming events.
- Faxing utilization- Nowadays, a majority of the cloud telephony services have embedded faxing support. However, it is not necessity that you will not be able to utilize this feature if your company budget is limited and there is no physical fax machine. On the contrary, the phone number can be used for receiving incoming fax and those messages can be forwarded to e mail. The whole process can be automated.
- Utilizing video calling feature- Keep in mind that you are not just limited to voice calling when VoIP service is present. You can engage video calling and conferencing for business interaction needs, with major clients and prospective ones too. This can be done anytime, minus incurring huge bills.
- Resolving external hassle through cloud telephony solutions- when your business has a VoIP solution deployed, it will be easier to tackle unexpected hurdles- caused by numerous external factors. VoIP solutions can be used from almost any place if there is a computer and web access. Thee apps can also be used with most mobile web access devices. So, the employees can continue to work from their homes if they are ill or there are transport problems. This can come in handy in severe weather conditions as well. So, the workflow does not get at all affected when there are VoIP applications.
- Creating a corporate illusion is simple with VoIP- You may have a startup with modest monetary resources and a few employees. However, there is no compulsion for you to let the customers feel that! The VoIP solution’s IVR system can be tweaked to make the callers think yours is a large company with many employees. The different numbers in IVR may be assigned for different needs like billing, complaints, queries but eventually the callers will be talking with a few employees without realizing it. This can also be done by home based businesses.