Mint is an herb that has been used for hundreds of years for its remarkable medicinal properties. Mint, the well known mouth and breath freshner that is scientifically known as menthal, has more than two dozen species and hundreds of verities. Mint has one of the highest antioxidant capacities of any food.
Some of the health benefits of MINT are-
1) Digestion-mint promotes digestion. It also soothes stomachs in cases of indigestion or inflammation. The aroma of mint activates the salivary glands in our mouth as well as glands which secrete digestive enzymes, thereby facilitating digestion.
2) Nausea and headache-the strong and refreshing aroma of mint is a quick and effective remedy for nausea. Balms with a mint base or basic mint oil, when rubbed on the forehead and nose, gives quick relief in case of headache.
3) Respiratory disorders and coughs-the strong aroma of mint is very effective in clearing up congestion of the nose, throat, bronchi and lungs, which gives relief for respiratory disorders that often result from asthma and the common cold.
4) Reduce nipple cracks and nipple pain-mint oil can reduce the nipple cracks and nipple pain that so often accompany breastfeeding.
5) Depression and fatigue-if you are feeling sluggish, anxious, depressed, or simply exhausted, mint and its derivative essential oils can help.
6) Skin care and pimples-it soothes skin, and helps to cure infection and itchiness, as well as being a good way to reduce pimples, and it can even relieve some of the symptoms of acne.
7) Weight loss-it can help in your efforts to lose weight in a healthy way. It stimulates the digestive enzymes that absorb nutrients from food and consume fat and turn into usable energy.
8) Oral health-mint is a natural anti-microbial agent and breath freshner.