When a person has to work at a height, it is imperative to utilize certain safety measures to avoid any unwanted situation to arise. For this very purpose, professionals use Roof Safety Harness System is a must. These systems are a guarantee that a person working in a difficult and potentially dangerous situation will have a safety. This system is not very costly, with only a small investment one can ensure the security of the worker. There are many situations which may warrant the use of a safety harness system. One such situation is when you have a steep roof or in case you have a roof without any railings.
Safety Tips For Working At Heights
1. Make Use of Railings: In case you have a railing then that can serve as passive protection. Railing can prove to be quite handy in keeping you safe and saving you a great deal of discomfort that an accident may cause.
2. Roof Safety Harness System: It forms part of a system designed to prevent falls and resulting accidents. A great fall arrest system can help you prevent a lot of inconveniences. You must make sure therefore to select the right kind of harness system. The kind of harness system is a reflection of the kind of safety that a particular system can provide. Every cost associated with your harness system may be due to its additional features; these features are related to comfort, mobility, and fireproof material, thereby making it suitable for most cases.
3. Carefully Ascend: Once you have all safety precautions in place, you must start to ascend on to the roof. Remember to be careful while climbing on the ladder, ensuring that you do not try to rush up the ladder, as it can cause some serious injury in case you get misbalanced and fall. A harness system is an an additional support but being careful is important.
How to Use a Roof Safety Harness System?
Even though installing a roof safety harness system may be a simple deal for you, but there are certain steps that one needs to follow for effective installation of the system.
1. Install The Roof Brackets Carefully: To use the harness system you need to start off with the installation of a roof brackets. The roof brackets have marked cavities for driving nails into them.
2. Building a Safety Slide Guard: After installing the roof brackets, you need to line them up with wooden planks. These serve as your first line of defense in case you slip and fall. They also form a platform for keeping your tools close while you work. You will need to attach multiple brackets to the roof and then secure planks to them. This will create your perfect roof safety harness system.
3. Get The Safety Harness On: Once you are done with the installation of the system, you can start using the system that will keep you on the roof, safe and secure. An important point to take into consideration while using the harness is that you must cross-check all the systems like buckles, straps are secured and safe to use. Don’t be in a hurry while installing the entire system. Make sure that every part cling cohesively to avoid any mishap. In order for you to use the harness, you need to fix a roof anchor securely on to the roof so that you can tie the rope of the harness to it.
A great Roof Safety Harness System can help you get your work done safely without having to get in any help from a professional, and you can save on that money that you might have to shell out to a handyman.