Benefits of Electronic Muscle Stimulators
- Physiotherapy: Electronic muscle stimulator is used in the rehabilitation process. It is used to treat people with muscle pains and injuries, joint fractures and the like. This is also helpful in weight loss. Most people use the electronic muscle stimulator to lose weight as the technique is easy to execute. The electrical waves are especially helpful for athletes who are in the initial stage of their career or are preparing for tournaments.
- Strength enhancement: Electronic muscle stimulators are greatly used for building core strength. The use of electronic muscle stimulator is especially crucial during the initial stage of an athlete’s career. They should be included in the training programmes and maximum focus must be on hamstrings and quads as these muscle groups help in developing the hip joint area which increases speed thus aiding them in performing well.
- Warming up and building muscles: To make sure that the workout in the gym is executed properly and efficiently, an electronic muscle stimulator can be used. It reduces the risk of injury during any physical activity or during a work-out session. This machine enriches the muscle fibres, which helps in growth of body muscles. It is often argued that the electronic muscle stimulators provide better results than simply working out in the gym. Those who don’t want to lift a lot of weights can easily use this. It provides resistance to the body causing a better muscle development and also helps the body to remain in great shape.
- Recovery: Many people who work out in the gym tend to hurt themselves leading to a muscle cramp or sometimes severe injuries. This electronic muscle stimulator is highly effective to reduce the pain as soon as possible and offers a quick recovery for these muscle injuries. This machine also helps in increasing muscle density and strength as well as power output for movements. The electronic muscle stimulator is user-friendly and can save you from spending much on doctor’s fee. If there is a minor injury, you can tackle it using the electronic muscle stimulator.
- Usage of the device: When using the electronic muscle stimulator, several rules and procedures should be followed for better results. Try to focus the EMS on one muscle group at a time. There should be no stress during the process and the muscles should be relaxed for better results. Try to stimulate your triceps and biceps separately as when one contracts, the other one relaxes. This should always be kept in mind. This is also applicable for quads and hamstrings. Regular usage will reduce chances of mistakes.
The electrode pads should be properly placed, and a warm up session of the machine should be taken into consideration to save the body from sudden powerful electric impulse. There should be enough time gaps between working out and using the electronic muscle stimulator and a routine should be followed of few reps with proper intervals. Thus, we can see an electronic muscle stimulator though costly helps our body in various ways and helps us to be fit and to perform various physical activities properly.