ADJUSTMENT is a process of reducing strains and coping with the circumstance in any situation. Even you and me ADJUST when you/me cannot change the conditions to suit our Needs or Demands. Adjustment, therefore, occurs in various conditions and situations like as House/ Family/ Emotional/ Social / Workplace also many other.
Tips for ADJUSTMENT
- Try to put yourself in the other individuals position and view the problem.
• Try to co-operate with others.
• Think of all the positive qualities and the affection other have for you.
• During a quarrel think of the happy times.
• All the family members must sit together and discuss and sort things out.
• Consult a common family friend/ counselor when things so out of hand.
- Avoid comparing yourself with others. You will become envious / jealous by those things which you do not have.
- Before becoming angry think about the reason for which you are angry. If there is no other way out other than becoming angry then become angry.
- Remind yourself repeatedly that you get nothing by worrying or getting angry.
- When you get angry leave the situation.
- When both of have cooled down calmly discuss the situation / problem.
- Look at the less fortunate people who have the bare minimum.
- Be content and satisfied with what you have.
- Over controlling or bottling of your emotions is also not good.
- Try to recall that someone has helped you and try to help others.
- Compliment others for their good work.
- Make people understand that you are willing to adjust and they should also adjust.
- Think of others positive qualities instead of negative and try to adjust.
- Communication channels must be opened up. Supervisor, Manager and Subordinates must sit together and sort out issues through discussion.
- When somebody is over loaded with work he should be able to request others to share his work.
- Manager, Supervisor and workers should be clear of their job functions, so that the limit of their job is clear to them.