A toggle clamp is basically a compact device that provides ready-made solutions for a wide variety of applications. Ideally, there are four basic types of toggle clamps and those are:
Hold Down Clamps: This specific type of toggle clamps come in two different variants, vertical and horizontal handle. You can have different options in it that include:
- Straight and weld bases
- Straight and T-handles
- Solid bars
- Open or U-bars
- Carbon and stainless steel and
- Pneumatic versions.
Pull Latch Clamps: These clamps also come in two types namely the U-hook and J-hook type. These clamps are ideally used for sealing doors, lids and molds. It comes with threaded adjustments making them adaptable to different applications. The different options in it include:
- Carbon, stainless steel or rubber material
- Vertical and horizontal versions
- Latch plates
Plier Clamps: Used for squeeze action these clamps are available with a couple of adjustable spindles. There is a trigger release that allows easy operation single-handedly for almost on all models. The different options in it include:
- Carbon and stainless-steel models
- Different jaw depths
- Several openings for different requirements
Straight-Line Action Clamps: These clamps are used as a push or pull toggle clamp and can be locked in two different positions. It has different mounting options and has threaded bodies that help in through-hole mounting. The options in this type of clamp include:
- Carbon and stainless-steel models
- Flanged and straight bases
- Reverse action
- Variable stroke and pneumatic versions.
Different Applications of Toggle Clamp:
You can use the toggle camp for various purposes and some of them are mention below:
- Welding fixtures
- Electronic test fixtures
- Milling, bonding, drilling and sealing
- Latches for container lids
- Injection molding
- Machine tool positioners
- Production fixtures
- Assembly and woodworking jigs
Apart from that, people can also use the toggle camps for inspection and fix the door closures, fix the wooden and metal furniture and the toggle clamps are also used for various industrial applications too.
Benefits of Using Toggle Clamps
All homeowner should have a toggle clamp hold down a workpiece firmly and keep it stationary. The unique pivot and lever system of the tool provides different benefits.
- The toggle clamp is easy to install in quick time. The tool is very reliable and easy to operate. Apart from that, you work accurately and due to the effective clamping ability, you do not need to put your efforts and pressure in the toggle camp. You can easily fix or complete the work with the toggle camps within a short time.
- The tool is also very adaptable to any workpiece of any height. The Cam-action model can be used for rough forging and castings as well. The adjustable screws in few clamp models provide a varied clamping force that helps in working precisely with materials having varying thicknesses.
- The versatility of the toggle clamp is another beneficial feature to find various types of toggles clamp available on the market. Useful features like the handle placement and design, pressure ratings and others make these clamps easy to use. Apart from that, these toggle camps are fully corrosion resistant and weatherproof.
- The specific design of the toggles ensures high safety while working. It has a positive locking action that holds the workpiece and the tool securely to prevent any accidents. The tool reduces muscle fatigue and strain.
The ergonomics of the toggle clamp is well known for maximizing work efficiency. You can manipulate the contoured handle grips according to your need and comfort level.