Rock breaker machines, when hired from the right service provider, can make your experience one of the best with operating it, running it, working on it, and keep the cost of your project low and reasonable. These machines come in various sizes and capacities, and hence when you are hiring one, you must know exactly, what capacity machine you need for the work.
Things You Need to Know When Going for A Rock Breaker Hire
When you are looking for a rock breaker hire, discuss these things with your project manager as well as the service provider. They are:
- The project size and the size machine needed accordingly Will you get help when the machine malfunctions?
- What if any part gets damaged or experiences any other critical problem?
- How much time will you be required to wait for help, and what would be the projected loss in your project due to that and how will it get covered?
- Basic troubleshooting for the rock breaker which you must know
- If your service provider would be in your contact round the clock, or at what times
- Whether you will be getting an operator for the machine or you will have to arrange your own.
- Details of insurance cover on the machine, and the liability cover etc
- Check for the model of rock breakers
These are the basics of the service which must be known before you go for a rock breaker hire.
What to Expect from Your Rock Breaker Hire Company
You can expect the following services from your service provider, though it varies from one service provider to another.
- If the machine gets damaged, a certain amount of damage waiver gets applied which depends on the contract.
- Taxes are levied on the charges.
- The company would take the responsibility of cleaning the machine as required when it gets dirty after the use.
- The machine may be accompanied by a trailer
- The delivery is often done free of charge by the service provided when the point or location is within a certain range. That is why you must find a service provider who is local to you and nearby also.
Things which are not supplied by the service provider are as follows:
- Normally the rock breaker runs on diesel, and the fuel is not supplied by the hiring company. The fuel is to be arranged by the customer only.
- Sometimes operators for the machines are provided by the service provider, but not always. You must check this with the policies of the rock breaker hire company.
- If the machine gets damaged due to mishandling of the customer, then the customer has to pay for that damage.
- Hydraulic parts, fittings, hoses and tracks etc of the machine if damaged, will have to be taken responsibility for, by the customer. This again depends on the insurance cover and all and needs discussion with the supplier.
Safety Tips to Handle A Rock Breaker Machine You Have Hired
Always read the operator manual of the machine to know the basic troubleshooting, the ‘To Dos and the cautions’. When you operate the machine, avoid tilting it in slopes more than 15 degrees. That is because if the machine tilts due to use on steep slope land, then the damage waiver you could get from the service provider may become void.
A rock breaker machine is a big savior of labor and time, and you must use one when needed. The only prerequisite is that you get to know all about the machine for better handling, and safer operations so that you can reap its best benefits.