Enjoying a good night’s sleep is very important for our health. Here are TO 10 FOODS TO SLEEP BETTER
A good night’s sleep has many benefits-
- it will keep our brain sharp.
- it will strengthen our immune system.
- it will help our waistline trim.
- it will make our skin glow.
- it will lower our risk of high blood pressure and heart disease..
But many people have trouble going to sleep at a reasonable hour every night. If you are having trouble sleeping there may be very simple solution. Certain foods can help you to sleep better.
Here are the TO 10 FOODS TO SLEEP BETTER
1. Walnuts- walnuts are a good source of tryptophan, a sleep enhancing amino acid that helps make serotonin and melatonin, the “body clock “hormone that sets your sleep wake cycles.
2. Almonds – almonds are rich in magnesium, a mineral needed for quality sleep. Eat a handful of dry roasted almonds or a table spoon of almond butter at least one hour before going bed to fall asleep faster.
3. Dairy Products
3. Dairy Products – any dairy products can give us sound sleep. Calcium found in dairy products like, cottage cheese, yogurt, milk helps the brain to use the tryptophan and to manufacture melatonin.
4. Lettuce – lettuce contains lectucarium which has sedative properties and affects the brain similarly to opium. For a better sleep you can try this brew-simmer three to four large lettuce leaves in a cup of water for 15 minutes. Remove from heat add two springs of mint and sip just before you go to bed.
5. Jasmine Rice
5. Jasmine Rice – jasmine rice has a high glycerin index which helps you fall asleep faster.
6. Cherry Juice
6. Cherry Juice – a glass of cherry juice could make you fall a sleep faster. Tart cherries boost levels of melatonin.
7. Chamomile Tea
7. Chamomile Tea – drinking a cup of chamomile tea can help you fall asleep faster. This tea can increase glycine, a chemical that relaxes nerves and muscles and acts like a mild sedative.
8. Honey – a spoonful of honey before bed could give you a more restful sleep. The natural sugar found in honey slightly raises insulin and allow tryptophan to enter the brain.
9. Bananas – this fruit is a good source of vitaminB6, which the body needs to make the sleep inducing hormone melatonin.
10. Fortified Cereals
10. Fortified Cereals – fortified cereals are a great source of Vitamin B6 that is essential in producing melatonin. For a better sleep, eat a small bowl of fortified cereal that is lower in sugar
Read more about Health & Diet Tips
Read also : 6 Best Herbal Teas That Make You Healthier
Read also : Great reasons to Eat CHIA SEEDS