The STRAWBERRY is called “THE QUEEN OF FRUITS“ because it is packed with health benefits. compared to fruits like apples, oranges or bananas, strawberries have the highest amount of nutrients. These juicy heart-shaped delights have much more to offer beyond sweetness and flavor.
Top 10 health benefits of Strawberries are-
- Good for weight loss-strawberries promote the production of the hormone adiponection and leptin, both of which are fat burning hormones and metabolic hormones. This results in a higher metabolic rate and more weight loss. With a healthy, well balanced diet and adequate exercise, strawberries can help you reach your goal weight easily.
- Promote eye health-The antioxidant properties in strawberries may also help to prevent cataracts-the clouding over the eye lens-which can lead to blindness in older age.
- Strawberries boost immunity-These are an excellent source of vitamin-C. It is a well known immunity booster, as well as a powerful fast working antioxidant.
- Anti aging properties-The power of vitamin C in strawberries helps to improve skin’s elasticity and resilience.
- Strawberries reduce inflammation-The antioxidants and Phytochemicals found in strawberries may also help to reduce inflammation of the joints, which may cause arthritis and can also lead to heart disease.
- Strawberries primote pre-natal health-Folate is a B-vitamin recommended for women who are pregnant or trying to conceive and strawberries are a good source with 21mcg per serving. Folate is necessary in the early stage of pregnancy to help in the development of the baby’s brain ,skull and spinal cord and the folic acid in strawberries may help to prevent certain birth defects, such as spina bifida.
- Boost short term memory-strawberries boost short term memory.
- Promote bone health-Strawberries contain potassium, vitamin k and magnesium which are important for bone health.
- Prevent oesophageal cancer-Studies show freeze-dried strawberry powder may help prevent human oesophageal cancer.
- Lower cardiovascular disease-Flavonoids -which are responsible for the colour and flavour of strawberries-lower the risk of heart disease.