For greater storage space, most of the present-day warehouses use the system of pallet racking to ensure that in a little space more goods can be stored efficiently. If often becomes difficult for the warehouse owners to choose the kind of pallet racking that would be most suited for the kind of business that he or she runs. So, this is a list of the most common types of pallet racking that is available in the market –
- Cantilever Racking – These are used for the products which are long and strong, for example plastic piping, timer, steel rods for constructions, etc. This kind of racking usually has long arms which protrude from a metal body or framework and is sturdy to withstand the excessive pressure. Cantilever racking does not have any front columns thereby increasing the storage space and makes sure that employees can access them easily.
- Selective Racking – This is one of the most popular one in this list, suitable only if you have different kinds of materials to store. If you run a departmental store, then having this will ensure that you store all the different things in different sections of the rack. The can be easily accessed from structure’s aisle and can be customized to any size according to your demands.
- Push Back Racking – They are in a last in first out fashion where the products rotate. They are suitable for multiple product storages of high density. These allow the selection of specific items from the inventory and thereby increases the accessibility.
- Drive in Racking – These also have a last in first out kind of rotation manner and ensure that more space is utilized efficiently. They need fewer aisles, so it saves a lot of money if you are going for a pallet racking. They allow the forklifts to pass in between the aisles to add or stock the products and sometimes for the addition of more pallets.
- Pallet Flow Racking – These are gravity flow racks which have been designed for storage where there is multiple order picking level. They work in a FIFO system and ensure that the product that went in first also comes out first. The process of rotation becomes automatic due to the rack flows.
- Carton Flow Is Racking – They operate on the scheme of first in first out and are highly efficient as well. These offer maximum efficiency and storage optimization as the racking is rotated automatically by the products according to the design. They are highly suitable for the places where fast movements of goods to and from the warehouse is necessary. They have the highest levels of efficiency.
Benefits of Using Pallet Racking
Though there are numerous advantages of using these racks for storage, some of the main advantages are –
- Saves Space – The main advantages of these pallet racks are that they are the ultimate space saver. You will be surprised at the number of products you can put into one small space.
- Cheaper Solution– Is a cheap solution for all your large-scale storage problems. Only a little amount of investment is required to buy the racks.
- Highly Safe– For the warehouse employees they are safe, and there are practically no chances of the occurrences of any kinds of accidents due to them.
Thus, these are the main benefits of using pallet racks, use them in your warehouse to increase the efficiency and reduce the cost. Multiply your profits in no time with the usage of these amazing racks.