Teaching has been described as a social service profession. The profession includes a great range of duties from lecturing in person to halls full of students to working intensively with a single people.
Teacher is a person who provides education to his or her students. The role of a teacher is often formal and ongoing, carried out at a school or other place of formal education.
Objectives of Teaching are…….
1. To develop skills in students which would help them solve their real life problems.
2. To develop skills for the acquisition ,use and evaluation of information
3. To enable students to identify problems and ways of resolving them and provide opportunities for research.
4. To provide an opportunity to acquire detailed knowledge and an awareness of its cultural context.
5. To impart subject based skills essential for practice.
6. To develop oral, written, numerical and visual presentation skills.
7. To provide a broad understanding of an area of academic study.
8. To identify and to support academic excellence.
9. To develop professional values and collaborative skills.
10. To ensure that all students, whatever their level of competence, may avail themselves of these activities